Saturday, April 25, 2009

Teaching an Online Course

I think I love to teach an online course. I am pretty confident that I would do a good job at it. I am usually a fast learner and really dedicated to whatever project I take on. I think I would be a very dedicated online teacher and make sure that I know and am well prepared to teach any course I am assigned to. I also think that I would have no problem learning how to use any an educational web tool such as Blackboard, etc., because I’m usually really good with anything hands-on.

Furthermore, I frequently check my email throughout the day; therefore I should have no problem with my students not being able to get a hold of me.

Finally, I feel confident teaching an online course because I have learned of so many web tools that could be used to assist students learn in a fun and educational manner. I feel that I have learned enough from this course and the activities we have been assigned to put together a great course that requires lots of student interaction and a great deal of tools to use.

6 comments:

  1. I think that since this generation of students are so much more computer literate that it will be more comfortable and accepting for these student to embrace online educational experiences. As teachers, learning about new technology advances that can be applied to helping to get our lessons across, is very exciting. Financial considerations concern me the most as I try and figure ways to add more technology into my classroom. I think with all the new communication tools, we will just learn to check in more often to make sure online students are proceeding with their lessons without have too many problems. I think it is going to be harder and harder for brick and mortar schools to stay open 5 days a week. I can visualize a 4 day school week with online connections, as a realistic way to cut school energy costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Our students are having a hard time now staying focused and we are using technology as often as we can. Can you emagine how they will be in a few year? The thought alone scares me. Having school a couple days a week does seem more logical for the students we are teaching these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that I would really enjoy teaching online. I also think that I would be able to do a good job, because of the things that you mentioned, but also because of my experience as an online student.

    If I was going to teach online, I think I would rather start off with content that had already been created, and maybe branch into creating my own course later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as educators I thing we all wouold agree that keeping the attention of our students is a job in and of its self and while I feel comfortable teaching I just think that al lot of what happen or what could happen has to do with the type of students your working with and there abilities/ fustrations levels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it seems like every year the students we are working become more difficult to deal with. Teaching an online course does sound a bit more relaxing however I just MIGHT miss working one-on-one with the students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asmaa,

    Just using your blog as an example in a class in PA. Hope you and the baby are fine

    ReplyDelete